ALIF is an online Arabic learning game. It takes the learners through a number of levels to master different aspects for learning Arabic. Specifically, this game addresses: reading, writing, and listening.
Arabic Learning Game Levels
The game consists of a number of levels that form a tree. Therefore, when you finish a level, you unlock higher levels.
- The Arabic Alphabet: learning the names and shapes of Arabic letters and characters and their combinations
- Diacritics and Arabic sounds: learning diacritics (short vowels) and how they combine with Arabic letters to create sounds
- Arabic keyboard: Learn how to type different Arabic letters on the keyboard, as a first step to write in Arabic
- Recognize letters in words: learn to identify letters in any word in Arabic
- Read Arabic words: identify letter-diacritic combinations, and sound out any word in Arabic
- Write Arabic words: From the sound of the word, build words and type them on the keyboard
- Vocabulary 1: Learn 50+ common words in Arabic, by reading, writing and listening
- Vocabulary 2: Learn 50+ names of animals in Arabic, by reading, writing and listening
You can take a test to determine your level.
ALIF Game Features
ALIF game combines a number of features, to allow for both fun and effective learning experience:
- Different question types: The game includes multiple choice questions, and drag and drop questions. It also includes questions with different types of interaction
- Customize your avatar: choose a character that will be your companion in the game
- Audio: All learning materials are supported with audio. The audio is recorded by native speakers to learn the correct pronunciation
- Romanization: All learning materials include also consistent romanization scheme (how to write Arabic letters in English letters)
- Typing: The game includes levels and questions to teach typing on Arabic keyboard.
- Score board: When you achieve high score, you will be on high score board, and you can unlock more avatars and other items.